I found that this week’s article really highlighted the course learning outcome: explain personalized learning and its relation to learning theory. What initially made me go ‘wow” after reading the article was the ways in which adult learning is different than child learning. This changed my thinking on the ways different age groups learn because I was always under the impression that the ways of teaching in university and adolescence were the same. When I transitioned from high school to university the courses and content were more difficult, but I did not find that we were taught using adult learning theory. According to the author of this week’s article, the principles for adult learning are the following: 1) adults need to be involved in the planning and evaluation of their learning 2) experiences and mistakes provided the basis for learning activities 3) adults are the most interested in learning subjects that have immediate relevance to their job or personal life 4) adult learning is problem-centered rather than content-oriented. If these points are important for adult learning, which university students are infact adults, I wonder why adult learning theory is not really implemented? Throughout my degree I have not been involved in the evaluation of my learning, if I make a mistake I can’t easily evaluate my grade, most content I have learned did not have immediate relevance to my job or personal life, and my learning has been content-oriented.